One 3y3 Open

02 February 2008

When it snows....

Someone once asked me if I like it when it snows. Well, to be honest, anytime it snows and I'm online chatting, the topic of weather comes up. So I'm sure I've been asked on more than one occasion if I like snow.

Yes, I do like snow. I like watching it fall. The other day at work, I looked out of the floor-to-ceiling office window and watched the snow swirl around. Because of the way the buildings are arranged in the area, the wind is directed into various different directions. So the other day, the snow was actually spiraling up and down. It felt like I was in a snow globe.

Snow also seems to act as an insulator of sorts. Have you ever been outside when there is a significant amount of snow and noticed how quiet it can become? And it's not like an ordinary kind of quiet. It's almost like an oppressing silence. I like that. It gives me a sense of security.

And when it hasn't yet turned to slush, I like listening to the sound of snow crunching under my feet. Walking in snow can sometimes be a challenge, and the crunching just seems to indicate that you are making progress.

Could I live without snow? Sure. I don't need snow in order to survive. However, I'm the type who enjoys the change in seasons. It reinforces the notion of life being a cycle. Snow and winter eventually give way to warmth and rebirth. It makes you appreciate things a little better.

Now excuse me while I dig my car out of the snow.

No comments: